NHS Bath and North East Somerset, Swindon & Wiltshire CCG Medicines Optimisation Team
The Medicines Optimisation Team at NHS BSW CCG provides support to all prescribers in Primary Care.
In order to do this we carry out the following functions:
• Represent NHS BSWCCG at the BSW Area Prescribing Committee
• Liaise with secondary and tertiary care on commissioning contracts involving medicines
• Issue our monthly ‘MOP UP’ newsletter
• Provide telephone and email advice for GPs, Practice staff and Non-medical prescribers in Primary Care during office hours
• Ensure medicines governance compliance
• Provide support to the LCFS and NHS England Area Team with issues related to prescribing and fraud
• Monitor all prescribing in primary care
• Support to the CCG on issues relating to prescribing
Link to:- Prescription Ordering Direct (POD)
If you are registered with one of the Swindon or Wiltshire POD practices and cannot use GP online services, then please do not call the practice directly to order your repeat prescriptions.
Instead, you can order repeat prescriptions by calling our NHS Swindon & Wiltshire Prescription Ordering Direct (POD) Service, on 0300 303 5090.
If you are unable to get through to POD, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following essential information:-
Date of birth
Your usual pharmacy
Your prescription will be sent to the pharmacy for collection after one week.
Please note: all e-mails will be deleted after one month and we are unable to respond individually to e-mails, but if your prescription request is urgent, it is advisable to telephone the POD to ensure it is dealt with the same day.
BSW CCG welcome suggestions and feedback about both the services we commission and CCG provided services. Please see here Compliments and complaints (bswccg.nhs.uk)